Sunday, September 16, 2007

"Gimme Some Lovin"

I currently have four ringtones on my phone to give me a general idea of who may be calling me at any particular moment in time. When my girls call me, I hear "Escape, The Pina Colada Song" by Rupert Holmes, and when it's one of my boys I hear G. Love's "Baby's Got Sauce." My parents and sister ring "Everything" by Michael Buble, and for the sake of humor, I gave PTA "The Distance" by Cake.

A few weeks ago I was off somewhere in dreamland, probably quite content when I was suddenly transported to a Cake concert in my dream. As I was sound asleep, it took me a few minutes to realize that in reality it was my phone and not my own personal concert. Since it was barely 5:00 am on a Monday, I couldn't imagine why PTA would be calling me at this particular hour, so curiosity got the better of me and I answered the phone. As it turns out, he was on the way to the airport in Raleigh and wanted to know if a detour by my house was possible. I said yes because I am obviously weak and have no self control when he is involved. I was attempting to give him directions as I ran around like a crazed person trying to shave my legs, brush my teeth, and make myself halfway presentable in the 15 minutes it took him to get to my house.

I opened the door to say hi, and as I closed it, I was backed up against it as we kissed and clothes started flying off. We moved things upstairs where we alternated between fooling around, kissing, talking, and spooning. The half hour that he was here flew by way too quickly, although I'm sure that a few of my tricks should lead him back here eventually. He called to tell me he made it to the airport ok, how much fun he had, how hot he thought I am, and that he would call me later in the week. All I can say is that if I started all my Monday mornings that way, my stress level at work would go down considerably!

As for the whole PTA situation, I have decided that trying not to be attracted to him and having feelings is obviously not working, so I am just going to go with the flow. I plan on having fun and enjoying the ride until someone comes along who makes me as happy but is actually available.

No comments: